CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) $11 daily
- The own risk deductible amounts of US$ 565.- for any and all damage to the rented vehicle resulting from a collision/accident caused by the renter or an unknown third party. The renter is fully liable for any damage to the rented vehicle amounting to less than aforementioned amount. In case of theft or damage like vandalism, fire, flood etc. the renter is fully liable for the vehicle.
CDW Plus (Collision Damage Waiver Plus) $19 daily
- CDW Plus is the same as the CDW. Only here the rental vehicle is also insured for theft or other damages to the car like vandalism, fire, flood etc. The deductible for the car remains US $ 565.-
Super CDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver) $25 daily
- Super CDW is the same as the CDW Plus. Only here with a deductible of US $100.-
The CDW Plus and the Super CDW covers:
- Only if a police report can be submitted proving that the renter had not left any valuables in the vehicle and had put the key away in a safe place, will the renter not be liable for any damage to the rented vehicle resulting from theft of (parts of) the vehicle or from burglary. In all other cases the own risk deductible amounting to US$ 100.- or US$ 565.- shall be applicable. The word ‘valuables’ includes items such as: mobile phones and/or accessories, cameras and/or accessories, diving gear and diver’s watches, jewels, wallets, instruments of payment such as credit cards, checks and cash money, computers and palmtops and/or accessories, visible bottles of liquor, cigarettes, vehicle or hotel keys, designer clothing and/or branded articles and accessories.
- Only if he/she has submitted a police report as referred here below, will the renter not be liable for any damage to the rented vehicle in the event of theft. Therefore the renter is advised before turning in the vehicle to carefully inspect it for damage himself and to make sure that the spare tire and car tools are still in the vehicle. If upon returning the vehicle the renter has no time left to report any damage to the police, Voyager Bonaire Car Rental will nevertheless recover all damages from the renter up to the amount of the own risk deductible amounting to US$ 100.- or US$ 565.-
- The own risk deductible amounts to US$ 100.- or US$ 565.- for any and all damage inflicted upon any third parties resulting from a collision due to the renter’s fault.
Only the driver and the authorized ‘ additional driver’ will be covered by insurance as described in the following paragraphs:
- Damage of the vehicle with a deductible of US$ 565.- or US$ 100.- for the account of the renter for each and every loss or damage.
- Accidental damages caused to third parties with a deductible of US$ 565.- or US$ 100.- for the account of the renter for each and every loss or damage.
- The insurance is valid for the duration of the rental mentioned on the front of your rental contract, and provided at the time of the rental.
- Only the renter and the authorized ‘additional driver’, which are mentioned and specified on the rental agreement, are authorized to drive the vehicle. In case of an accident and the driver is not mentioned as the renter or additional driver on the contract, the insurance protection is voided and renter will be responsible for the full value of the damage.
- If an accident and/or damaged has been caused due to a traffic violation, i.e. driving faster then the law permits, entering places with unpaved and muddy areas, areas where there are marks for not entering etc. the insurance will be automatically declined (if accepted) and the renter will be fully responsible for all the costs of the damage caused, towing etc. to the rented vehicle.
- Failure to report accidents to the traffic police will void the collision protection.
- Insurance is voided if damage or loss is due to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Please do not leave valuables in the vehicle.
- In case of a vehicle damage/accident/theft/joyriding/vandalism, renter has to notify the Caribbean Road Service (CRS) (phone 717 9292) and Voyager Bonaire Car Rental (7891234 or 7004123). The CRS report is required. If the CRS is not notified, the insurance protection is voided and renter will be responsible for the full value of the damage.
- All violations of the rental contract will engage the responsibility of the renter and of the deposit made, without prejudice to all other rights, means, and actions which the owner may bring against him.
- All material damages that occur to the vehicle, any loss of objects during the rental period, even in the presence of the renter, remains at the expense of the renter, and at no time during the rental period can the owner be held responsible.
|Kind of Insurance||CDW|
(Collision damage Waiver)
US$ 11 - Daily
(Collision Damage Waiver Plus)
US$ 19 - Daily
(Super Collision Damage Waiver)
US$ 25 - Daily
|Damage to the Rental Car||✓||✓||✓|
|Deductible||US$ 565||US$ 565||US$ 100|
|Damage to third party caused by fault of the renter||✓||✓||✓|
|Deductible||US$ 565||US$ 565||US$ 100|
|Theft or other damages to the rental car like vandalism, fire.||X||✓||✓|
|Deductible||Fully Liable||US$ 565||US$ 100|